Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Trial and Error

Well the show didn’t go as well as we would have liked. But as I told the other venders when you’re hosting it yourself it’s trial and error to discover when a good time to have it is and what you need to do to get the word out. The next show Corie and I do will be around the holidays at my house. I’m making sure to keep notes of ideas so that we remember to set them up beforehand.
The burp cloths though were a hit among the few who came to the event. Another vender who makes and sells gift baskets mentioned that she saw burp cloths at the latest Gift Show and that my prices were better than anything she saw there.…so that’s promising.
Went to the midwives yesterday and they said after this week I can have this baby at any time. I will then be considered full term. Fingers crossed he decides to come early. I am beyond ready. They even gave me an herb to take to speed things up…hey whatever does the trick I am all for.
So during this slow period which always happens for my business this time of year. I am trying to remain positive, which is always hard when you are self-employed. These are the moments when you discover if being an entrepreneur is for you…the down periods. Anyone can be an entrepreneur when the sales are high. But the slow period is when you separate the hobbyist from the businesses, in my opinion. After saying all that…to occupy my time and thoughts I am preparing for the fall. The fall and into winter are when my sales are typically high. People are buying gifts for the holidays. I already have a weekend show in November set up, plus Corie and I will host another show and I’d like to add more venues. By that point I’ll be able to hand the kiddos off to the hubby and take off for the day.
Speaking of kiddos….I hear my angel awaking. Till next time.

No comments: