Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I've made up my mind

Well after much thought and research I am going to focus on boys clothes. It just makes more sense…considering I am soon to have 2 boys myself. Plus I believe that my ideas of what little boys should look like will be something that many other moms will enjoy too. I even made my first button up shirt yesterday. It will be Logan’s since there are a few minor flaws….but that’s how you learn. I was pretty impressed with myself…considering I am a self-taught sewer. I even impressed the hubby with my skills.
I will still make girls clothes too…don’t worry about that. But all in all you will see more boys clothes is all. Nothing else will change…the name will still be the same…the site will look the same. Some may never even notice. We shall see.
Right now I am researching labels for clothes. I have about 10 left of the tags I have been using. I don’t like them so I want something completely different. Also I’d like them to do double duty as tags for clothes and tags that I can put on the burp cloths. So they can’t be too huge or too obvious. I’m throwing around the idea of either having just “AUNT ART” on the label or “auntART.com” Can’t decide.
Joann’s’ had a huge sale on notions so I stocked up on needles and snap tape and snaps. These things I can always use and they don’t take much room to store them.Trying to get as many burp cloths made as possible before little man arrives. After he arrives I’d like to market to some of the boutiques in Seattle. I started doing a pack of them for the alternative mom…they are pretty cool if I must say so myself. Even the dad won’t be embarrassed to have the burp cloth on his shoulder.

No comments: