Saturday, July 01, 2006

15 a day

I got a call from a magazine saying that they are going to feature my Picasso Chalk Mats in their December issue. I am so ecstatic and stressed out at the same time. The woman who called said to expect a minimum of 1 thousand orders. Okay sure I can do this. I figured out that I need to make 15 a day. With 2 kids constantly under foot this is a lot harder than it seems. My evenings are filled with cutting and my days are filled with diaper changing, making meals from scratch or almost, raising children who are both kind and intelligent and sewing. Naptime is the most sacred time of the day. I do not answer my phone. I do not check my email. I sit at the sewing machine for 2 hours and I create. I create Art. I create what I love and I create my dream.
Wish me luck.

No comments: