Saturday, August 27, 2005

Whirlwind

I haven’t had the time to really devote to posting to the blog since we have had a whirlwind of visitors. Haven’t been sewing much either. Thank goodness for crochet! I can always make hats while people oooh and aaaahhh over the new baby. My latest visitor is my 7-year-old niece who I have taught to knit. She has quite a knack for it..must be in the genes.
I’ve been researching the difference of wholesale and consignment and how to go about getting your things into stores. So much work has to be done. I guess owning your own biz and being a craftsperson is never “easy” work.
Tomorrow my new camera arrives. I am so excited about taking better pictures. Hubby and I have deiced to switch my sewing room and our bedroom so that I we can have the bigger space as the workspace. That way he can have his workspace there also (he’s a writer) and I can have my sewing table and also I’ll be able to create a place to take pictures of the kids indoors. Since the rainy season is about to begin this is really going to come in handy. A fellow ebayer told me how to create a great backdrop and I really admire her pictures. I haven’t tried it yet but she has told me to buy 6 yards of white vinyl and a piece of Plexiglas. Basically have the vinyl attached to the wall and run onto the floor and then place the Plexiglas on top of the vinyl so that the kid stands on that. Once the lighting has been put into place the kid will look as if he is standing on a really shiny surface.
Pretty cool.

No comments: