Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Balance

As I sit here typing this I am balancing a newborn babe on my lap. I’m starting to get use to the multi-tasking that I have to do now a days in order to be productive. I’m waiting for Logan to actually take a nap; I can still hear him up there in his room rummaging through his toys. Then oh sweet heaven…I can sit at my sewing machine and CREATE!!!
We’ve had such a flurry of guests recently…which I loved having all that help but I have missed my precious Viking.
The thing I hate about taking such a long break (a month) is when I get back to work I feel so overwhelmed. I spend so much time just looking at my fabric trying to decide what the first set will be. I tend to feel pressure that the set I make has to be outstanding. This is my own weird issue…no one has sparked it in me…..just the way I am I guess.
My husband is reading this how-to book on freelance writing and I wish someone would write a how-to book about contacting stores to sell your wares. Like a wedding etiquette book….the dos and don’ts of contacting a storeowner. Ex: never call 10 minutes before the store closes. Who knows maybe someone has already written this book. And I guess I could just post my questions on the discussion boards I frequent. Ah well…just a thought.
So…I began to write this and then went upstairs to find Logan and babe were both down for the count so I started sewing. I’m working on a set to put on ebay. I feel that I should balance ebay and my website to maintain the best exposure.
Off to sew some more…..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gretchen, I love your journal. You are so very unique - always have been - it's one of your endearing qualities.

The fact that you are creating a business that not only allows you to be a stay-at-home Mom, you are providing clothing for other people who also recognize and celebrate their own uniqueness.

Congratulations on your birth of your second child. He is adorable!

Christopher Trottier said...

I hear you on the urge to create. Everyone, no matter how mundane they are, feels that urge. In fact, that's the urge that drives me.